The thermal solar installations at low temperature are systems in which the working fluid doesn´t usually exceed 100ºC. It´s field of development is mainly in the building, with the following applications:
- Supply of domestic hot water
- Climatization of indoor and outdoor pools
- Support for heating
- Solar air conditioning
The basic element is the solar collector, in which the energy transfer is highlighted from the incident solar radiation to a carrier fluid, which is heated
From a functional point of view, a solar thermal installation consists of the following fundamental systems:
- Collection system
- Accumulation system
- Hydraulic circuit
- Regulation and control systems
- Auxiliary generator
Classification according to the principle of circulation
- Systems with circulation by natural convection or thermosyphon
- Systems with forced circulation
What is solar thermal energy?
It´s the active and controlled use of heat generated from solar radiation.
What is this for?
Its field of development is mainly in the building, with the following applications:
– Supply of sanitary hot water.
– Climatization of indoor and outdoor pools.
– Support for heating.
Is it respectful with the environment?
It´s renewable, inexhaustible, clean and contributes to the reduction of CO2 emissions and other greenhouse gases.
What is a thermal solar system made of?
It´s composed of the following systems fundamentally:
– Collection system
– Accumulation system
– Hydraulic circuit
– Regulation and control systems
– Auxiliary generator
- Inexhaustible and renewable resource
- Free consumption of sanitary hot water
- Savings in water, electricity and / or gas
- System of easy installation and integrity in buildings
- Significant reduction in maintenance cost
- No operation at night
- Low yields compared to other types of energy
- The level of radiation varies from one area to another and from one season of the year to another